The Dissection Lab app is currently the best alternative to live animal dissections. Animal dissection in laboratories of schools and colleges have long provided the rope of an extensive and never-ending tug of war between school boards, educators, animal activists, scientists, and advocates, not to mention students and parents. Understanding this critical issue and to address it Navtek Solutions has brought this best in class technological solutions to help students through realistic and interactive simulation app.
The Dissection Lab provides step-by-step instructions and 3D visualization of the specimen. It gives complete understanding of dissection process to learn animal anatomy and visualize internal organs effectively. The application replicates an actual dissection of a chloroformed specimen, using complete set of dissection instruments including pins, scalpel, marker, and forceps; giving a more real like experience.
Frog dissection module is available for free.
· Innovative and engaging – Learn by doing not by watching or hearing
· Realistic animal dissection with real like experience and real time interaction
· Fun way of learning – good mix of Real and Virtual environment for animal dissection
· Seven different types of animal dissection modules available
· Internal and external Anatomical systems view in 3d along with voice over instructions
· Animal classification with life cycle, habits and habitat information
· Easy interactivity with rotate, pan, pinch zoom, etc. functions
· Assignments, questionnaire and quiz for practice
· Supports universities curriculum
The following are the animals whose dissections are offered as modules in “Dissection Lab” App on half yearly subscription.
· Frog Dissection
· Rat Dissection
· Earthworm Dissection
· Cockroach Dissection
· Starfish Dissection
· Shark Dissection
Each of these modules helps students to explore and learn about the anatomy & physiology of animals. It also gives information about their life cycle and how they fit into the environment. Student can easily simulate and learn the real dissection process by virtually picking up a scalpel, cut and open the skin of the animal, and explore the anatomy and physiology, just like he or she would do with a physical specimen.
Dissection Lab is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-17. The program can be installed on Android.
Dissection Lab (version 1.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 19 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.